Welcome to McChat. These terms and conditions apply to your membership and use of the McChat site (currently located at mcchat.co.uk) (the “Site”).
1. The right to access the Site is personal to the individual to whom McDonald’s has issued a username for that purpose, following the completion by that individual of a registration survey and subsequent creation of a password for the Site. The Site may not be used by you for any purpose that is not authorised by McDonald’s. Employees of McDonald’s, its franchisees, PA Consulting Limited, STRAT7 Researchbods, a division of STRAT7 Limited and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates are not permitted to use or access the Site except as required by McDonald’s for administrative purposes.
2. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under your username and password. Therefore, you must not disclose either your username or password to others or do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any area of the Site. You must not seek to pass yourself off as another user. You understand that you are fully responsible for all activities connected to your username including any data, content and/or materials you access, submit, receive or transmit via this Site. We recommend that you regularly update your password and that you ensure you use a strong password with a combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
4. If, following an investigation, there is evidence of misuse and/or abuse of this Site, we reserve the right to cancel your account and to ban you from registering for a new account if the security of your account is compromised in any way and for any reason.
5. You may terminate your membership of the Site at any time by going to your ‘Profile’ page and clicking on the ‘close account’ option, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
6. You agree that you will treat all information, specifications and other data on the Site as confidential and you will not, at any time disclose the same whether directly or indirectly, to any third party without the prior written consent of McDonald’s.
7. To avoid any doubt, information found on this Site is for general guidance only and should not be specifically relied on by any user without taking appropriate professional advice.
10. McDonald's will not be liable for any damages or injury howsoever caused including, but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, or line failure on the Site.
11. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, graphics or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary but we shall comply with our privacy statement in respect of any personal information we receive from you. You understand that by submitting any information to McDonald’s via e-mail or on the Site, you grant McDonald's a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, sublicense to others, modify, translate, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, and publicly perform the submissions, including to use them for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever without approval from or compensation to you or any other person. McDonald’s will not be required to treat any submissions as confidential.
12. You agree that you will abide by the terms included in the ”What’s in it for me” section located on the Site and in conjunction with this you must not post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, profane, threatening, abusive, violent, discriminatory, hateful, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable content of any kind, including, but not limited to, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any relevant law when sending, posting, sharing or contributing information to McChat. Furthermore, you must not post or transmit any information, including pictures, which is invasive of another person’s privacy or otherwise violates or infringes another person’s rights (including intellectual property rights such as copyright).
15. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
16. You must treat your account log in information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user access to the website, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonav firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Unless otherwise stated or the context requires otherwise the Site relates to the business of McDonald's in the United Kingdom and Ireland only.
19. All communications regarding the Site should be addressed to McDonald’s Business, Strategy and Insight Department at 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London N2 8AW or via email to email@example.com.
22. Any use of the Site shall be subject to the laws of England and any dispute arising from such use or otherwise in connection with the Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
23. All information given in this site applies to the UK and Ireland only, but is subject to change without notice. The information is not intended to give rise to any legally binding obligation and may not be considered to make any representation on any matter.